Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Winter in Sweden

Winter in Sweden is absolutely beautiful.  I am not a person who really likes winter or snow, but I can acknowledge that it can be a beautiful season.  As I'm writing this it is snowing outside.... like always.  It seems to snow at least a little everyday here.  Over the weekend we went to Västervik to visit Foreigner's mom.  We took the train... about 2 hours south to the small town on the Baltic Sea.  The town is known as a "summer town" with a lot of wealthy swedes having summer homes there.  In the winter it is a lot quieter and just incredibly beautiful.  When we pulled into town I was shocked at the amount of snow.... the most snow I have ever seen in my life!  Everything looked just like a christmas card!  So I am going to post a ton of pictures.... hope you enjoy them!

me carrying in wood for the fireplace

Julmust.... a popular christmas soda

Physalis fruit.... popular in Sweden.. the fruit is inside of the flowery shell


View of the Baltic sea from Foreigner's backyard





Can you spot the buried car?






measuring the snow.... it was so cold!


The Baltic Sea up close


laying in the snow

it looks like we are at the north pole!

snowy street

No comments:

Post a Comment