Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Blizzardy Pizza

Sweden has been quite snowy the last few days and yesterday was pretty much a blizzard.  We had no food in the apartment and neither of us felt like braving the snow to go to the store... so what were we going to do?  After much anguish I had the idea for a pizza... little did I know that we would be walking there to pick it up instead of having it delivered. After hearing this I remembered that I hadn't had any pizza that I liked in Sweden since I got here... but what the heck I was starving! The "Pizza Express" is right at the end of the apartment complex, usually a two or three minute walk.... but it was more like ten minutes in the blizzard.  The pizza place had an "american theme" or at least it thought it did.  The "Chicago" pizza had TUNA on it!!  I have never seen a Chicago pizza with tuna... yuck.  Luckily for me though they had pan pizza, almost everywhere else here the pizza is really thin.  We decided on the "Dakota" and it was delicious!  It has mozzarella cheese, salami, bacon, and red peppers... it was definitely the best pizza I have had in Sweden.. by far!  I guess it was worth the walk in the blizzard.

Me with the pizza in the blizzard!
The American themed menu

Oh yeah there were olives too... I took mine off though


"Cola Light" in a glass bottle.  I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment